When it comes to the making of New Year’s Resolutions, I think it’s too important a task to rush into, hence why I’ve taken the last couple of days to ponder my 2012 ‘to-do’ list. Or to put it another way, I’ve spent the last few days watching more cartoons than I ever though possible and haven’t been near a computer 🙂 Looking back, I did pretty well in 2011. I did sell the car, kept on running, took a bit responsibility for my finances and got a bit more organised. I did not, however, get much more in the way of crafting done or learn how to say ‘no’, so they definitely go back on the list. So, in no particular order…..
1) Keep on running. I’ve pretty much ground to a halt on this one since the Ness 10k, but entries open for the 2012 Baker Hughes in less than a fortnight so that will give me something to focus on. Geoff is planning to take part as well, so I can’t have him showing me up! I will again be running in support of those super boys and girls at MND Scotland.
2) Readjust my life/guiding balance. It’s got a bit out of hand again and I need to take steps to do a bit less. I don’t want it to feel like a chore and it’s in danger of getting that way. I won’t be providing the best for my girls if that keeps up.
3) Sort my finances. It’s all about the Benjamins. Apparently. The budget in the House Of Pad took a bit of a spanking in the run up to Christmas, there needs to be a bit of rebalancing going on.
4) Have regular cleaning purges. I have stuff. Too much stuff really and I need to get rid of some of it. I got started last night by having a pretty brutal clear out of my wardrobe. What can go to charity will, the rest is for the bin.
5) Get crafting. As stated last year, I have lots of materials and equipment, now I need to put this stuff to actual good use or give it to someone who will. This is going to mean cleaning the craft area. I may require a lie down before that one.
6) Be a better friend and daughter. Remember birthdays. Ring people. Send postcards, possibly even write a letter.
7) Have fun 🙂 Pretty self explanatory that one.
8) Always do the dishes immediately after I finish dinner. There is nothing more spirit sapping than walking into a kitchen first thing in the morning and it’s a tip with dishes a’where.